Our Science Fair will be ALL VIRTUAL in 2021. Project entries are due by Wednesday, February 10. Projects will be available to view online on Saturday, February 13. Awards will be announced on Sunday, February 14.
Four Steps to enter the 2021 Fort Atkinson Regional Virtual Science Fair:
1. Create and perform a science experiment.
Because this year’s Fair will be fully virtual, we have provided a Google Slides template to help you create your project and digital slideshow presentation. A PDF of your presentation will be shared online for judging and public viewing. Open the Google Slides template link and make a copy for yourself first thing; it contains helpful information that you will want sooner rather than later.
This website’s section on Entering the Science Fair includes pages to answer all your questions about projects, guidelines, judging, and awards. For ideas about projects, you can see some examples from previous Fort Atkinson Science Fairs, but remember that you will not need to create a physical poster display for this year’s Fair.
2. Submit your Project by February 10.
To enter the 2021 Fair, you will need to submit a PDF of your project via the link below. The Project Submission link will be available until the deadline of 8:00 pm Wednesday, February 10, 2021.
Items needed for Project Submissions:
- PDF Project Presentation (all divisions) A Google Slides template of what to include in your PDF is in step 1 above.
- Log Book (Grades 4-12 only) Submit a separate PDF of your project Log Book. A description of what a Log Book should include is in the Google Slides template in step 1 above. (Submissions without a Log Book will be accepted, but judges award points for log books.)
- Formal Report (Grades 9-12 only) Submit a separate PDF in addition to the Presentation and Log Book.
- Video Link (optional) You may also choose to submit a link to a short (under 5 minutes) original video presentation about your project. If you share a video link, it will be available for public viewing along with your PDF beginning on February 13.
Submit your project at this link hosted by the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater:
3. View the submitted projects.
Public Viewing starts Saturday, February 13. You can see a sample of the format now:
Award results and a video presentation of the winning projects will be posted here at 2:00 pm on Sunday, February 14.
Thank you to all of the participants in the 2021 Fort Atkinson Regional Science Fair! We also wish to thank these sponsors.
Questions? Email FASF Board President email@example.com.